Saturday, April 11, 2009

the love language & here we go magic

I'm getting ready for it.
Easter is tomorrow.
Spring is knocking at the door.
And summer will be here before you know it.

So, in the spirit of sunshine and bonfires, camping trips and music festivals, hot dogs and popsicles, I offer up to you this lovely head-bopping number. It's groovy, it's rockin', and it's telling us all to just let go and have fun!

Sparxxx - The Love Language

This next song I haven't been able to stop playing on repeat.... over and over and over again. In a lot of ways it reminds of Simon and Garfunkel's "Cecilia". I suppose it has something to do with the percussion and vocals.

However there is something here that "Cecilia" lacks. There is a subtle sadness in the melody. It's not there for long; escaping by the close of each verse. But it's there.

And don't even get me started on the break. As the bass is plugging away, my heart skips a beat every time that guitar riff comes in ala David Gray circa White Ladder.

Fangela - Here We Go Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment