Saturday, January 21, 2012

weather radio



Five summers ago I had a MASSIVE Talking Heads musical emersion. I watched as much performance footage I could get my hands on, read This Must Be the Place: The Adventures of Talking Heads in the Twentieth Century and listened to Stop Making Sense almost everyday (if you haven't seen the film do yourself a favor and do it, NOW).  Along with it came healthy servings of XTC and Elvis Costello.

Lately I have seen a shift in my music listening pie chart towards those musical tendencies of the summer of '06 . While the end of 2010 and most of 2011 saw big chunks dedicated to folk and folk-rock (basically  I had a very acoustic guitar-y year) , those are quickly being replaced by sections of punk, post-punk, 80's alternative and soul-tinged garage rock. So it should come as no surprise that my daydream of the moment is to be the bassist for the band Pylon circa 1980.

If you haven't listened to Pylon's album Gyrate I suggest you do so (you can stream the whole thing on Spotify)

No comments:

Post a Comment