Tuesday, December 15, 2009

gonna use my side-step

As I was running out the door this morning, late for work as usual, I quickly perused my cd collection in hopes of finding something either a) super old that I hadn't heard in ages or b) something new that I never really given a chance.

What did I grab? Was I happy with the result?

Pretenders by The Pretenders. Yes.


I bought this album on one of my many Amoeba trips and mainly got it because my dad had suggested it. The minute I put it into my cd player I immediately skipped to track 10 - Brass in Pocket - and listened to it a couple of times before shelving the poor thing.

See this is one of my problems.

When I'm first introduced to an album I have to be in an "album-listening- mood" otherwise I get way too impatient and ditch the thing before I've had time to give it a real chance.

Anyhoo, as I was driving to work this morning I instantly fell in love with it. It's right up my alley... it has that totally late 70's/early 80's feel. It falls somewhere between brit punk and new wave sharing space with the likes of Elvis Costello.

Enjoy - just as I have all day long!



Oh, and for a gold star, can anyone tell me what the Glee connection is?

No comments:

Post a Comment